Regular Town Council Meeting
Monday January 7, 2008
Council Chambers ~ Crested Butte Town Hall
Town of Crested Butte
6:30 1) Work Session
6:30 A) Continuation of Discussion Regarding Crested Butte/Mt. Crested Butte Chamber of Commerce Services Agreement
6:55 Five Minute Break
7:00 Regular Council Meeting Called to Order by Mayor or Mayor Pro Tem
2) APPROVAL OF AGENDA
3) CONSENT AGENDA The listing under consent agenda is a group of items to be acted on with a single motion. The consent agenda is designed to expedite council business. The Mayor will ask if any citizen or council member wishes to have any specific item discussed. You may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda at that time, prior to Council’s vote. Items removed from the consent agenda will be considered under New Business.
A) Approval of Minutes of December 17, 2007 Regular Council Meeting
7:03 4) Public COMMENTS Citizens may make comments on items not scheduled on the agenda. Those commenting should state their name and physical address for the record and limit comments to five minutes.
7:06 5) PUBLIC HEARINGs
A) Special Event Permit -Crested Butte Mountain Theatre Mardi Gras Parade February 5, 2008-Elk Avenue
B) Special Event Liquor License- Crested Butte Mountain Theatre Mardi Gras Parade Pre Parade Gathering- February 5, 2008-The Depot
C) Special Event Permit Crested Butte Nordic Council Alley Loop Race- February 2, 2008-Streets and Alleys of Crested Butte.
D) Special Event Liquor License-Crested Butte Nordic Council Alley Loop Race Beer Garden- 9 a.m.-6 p.m. – Designated Area of 3rd Street Between Elk Ave and Sopris Avenue
E) Crested Butte Farmers Market- Elk Avenue between First Street and Second Street, Sundays 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. starting June 22, 2008 thru October 19, 2008 (or when the weather and Kebler Pass allow).
7:35 6) EXECUTIVE SESSION
A) For a Conference with the Town Attorney for the Purpose of Receiving Legal Advice on Specific Legal Questions Under C.R.S. Section 24-6-402 (4) (e).
7:50 7) NEW BUSINESS
A) Discussion of the Location of Office for Resource Efficiency Offices and the Town of Crested Butte Horizontal Zoning Ordinance.
B) Ordinance No. 1, Series 2008- An Ordinance Amending Certain Provisions Of The Town’s Zoning and Land Use Ordinance Relative To Planned Unit Developments and Parking.
C) Ordinance No. 2, Series 2008- An Ordinance Extending the Temporary Moratorium On All Development in the Town’s Watershed.
D) Discussion Regarding Scheduling of Town Council Work Sessions.
8:00 8) OLD BUSINESS
A) Crested Butte/Mt. Crested Butte Chamber of Commerce Services Agreement.
B) Staff Report/Discussion Regarding Snow Banks and Cut-Outs Along Elk Avenue.
8:30 9) STAFF REPORTS
8:40 10) LEGAL MATTERS/TOWN ATTORNEY
8:45 11) COUNCIL REPORTS AND COMMITTEE UPDATES
8:55 12) OTHER BUSINESS TO COME BEFORE THE COUNCIL
9:00 13) DISCUSSION OF SCHEDULING FUTURE WORK SESSION ITEMS
14) COUNCIL MEETING SCHEDULING
• Monday, January 7, Series 2008- 8 a.m. Coffee with the Council – Izzy’s
• Monday, January 14, 2008 4:30 p.m. Council Work Session
• Wednesday, January 16, 2008- Tour of Proposed Lucky Jack Mine
• Thursday, January 17, 2008 – Council Retreat –The Crested Butte Retreat in Mt. Crested Butte.
• Friday, January 18, 2008-Tour of Proposed Lucky Jack Mine
• Tuesday, January 22, 2008-8 a.m. Coffee with the Council-Buckaroo Beanery (Izzy’s closed on Tuesdays)
• Tuesday, January 22, 2008 Regular Council Meeting
• Monday, January 28, 2008- Work Session- 5 p.m. (tentative)
• Monday, February 4, 2008-8 a.m. Coffee with the Council – Izzy’s
• Monday, February 4, 2008 5-7 p.m. Joint Work Session with Board of County Commissioners. 7 p.m. Regular Council Meeting.
(The above times are only tentative. Meeting may move more quickly or slowly than scheduled)
If you need special assistance to attend any of the Town’s public meetings, please notify the Town Clerk at 349-5338 at least 48 hours in advance.
Published in the Crested Butte News. Issue of January 4, 2008. #010405.
—Preliminary Regular Board Meeting Agenda—
Tuesday, January 8, 2008 ~ 5:00 p.m.
Mt. Crested Butte Water & Sanitation District
1. December 2007 Operating Report and December 11, 2007 Regular Meeting Minutes
2. Notice of Intent To Disconnect Service – Michelle Baldwin
3. Stantec Consulting – Projects Update
4. Pay Request from Pall Advanced Systems for MLP Water Treatment Plant
5. Designate Official Regular Meeting Location and Posting Places
6. Designate Election Official
8. Possible Executive Session
9. Other items that may come before the Board
Published in the Crested Butte News. Issue of January 4, 2008. #010403
REGULAR PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 9, 2008 ~ 5:00 P.M.
MT. CRESTED BUTTE, COLORADO
MT. CRESTED BUTTE TOWN HALL 911 GOTHIC ROAD
5:00 P.M. – CALL TO ORDER.
5:05 P.M. – ITEM 1
APPROVAL OF DECEMBER 19, 2007 PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING MINUTES. (THERESA HENRY)
DESIGN REVIEW: NEVADA RIDGE DUPLEXES, LOTS 8A & 8B, 10 & 12 AND 14 & 16 NEVADA SUMMIT DRIVE, BEN SANDERS. (CARLOS VELADO)
5:45 P.M. – ITEM 3
CONTINUED PUBLIC HEARING ON AN APPLICATION SUBMITTED BY CBMR AND THE TOWN OF MT. CRESTED BUTTE FOR MOUNTAINEER SQUARE NORTH, THE SECOND PHASE OF THE TOWN CENTER PUD III. THE PUBLIC HEARING IS FOR THE CONSIDERATION OF A MAJOR ALTERATION TO A PUD III, REZONING OF ADJACENT LANDS FROM BUSINESS TO PUD III, AND A PRELIMINARY PLAN FOR SUBDIVISION.
This preliminary agenda is placed in the newspaper to notify the public of tentative agenda items for the meeting date noted above. The official posting place for the agenda is the bulletin board in the Mt. Crested Butte Town Hall entry. Please refer to that official agenda for actual agenda items for the meeting date noted above.
If you require any special accommodations in order to attend this meeting, please call the Town Hall at 349-6632 at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
Plans for designs to be reviewed at the meeting are available for viewing in the Mt. Crested Butte Town Hall.
Published in the Crested Butte News. Issue of January 4, 2008. #010401