Friday, April 19, 2019
Home » News » RE1J participating in Summer Food Service Program for those in need

RE1J participating in Summer Food Service Program for those in need

The Gunnison Watershed School District is participating in the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). Meals will be provided on a first come, first served basis at the Gunnison Community School located at 1099 N. Eleventh St. in Gunnison at the following times and dates:

—Breakfast from 8 to 8:30 a.m., Monday through Thursday, and lunch from 11:30 a.m. until noon.

—Monday through Thursday on each of the weeks beginning on June 13, June 20, June 27, July 11, July 18 and July 25.

Meals will be provided to all children at no charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination during the course of the meal service.

In accordance with federal Civil Rights Law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.

To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by (1) mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax to (202) 690-7442; or (3) email to

Check Also

CB spring grants go over budget but council okay with overage

Conservation Corps funding causes discussion By Mark Reaman As the town’s budget gets tighter, community …