Final decision by May 29
By Kendra Walker
While the snow is melting fast, it’s still lingering on the mountain and may affect Crested Butte Mountain Resort’s (CBMR) summer operations opening date. Last week, CBMR shared that it is making contingency plans for a potential adjustment to the start of summer operations and may have to delay its planned June 10 opening date.
“This winter’s snowpack is slow to melt, and our team members have been doing everything they can to try to prepare the trails for guests by our planned opening date of June 10. However, for our guests’ safety and to prevent trail damage, it may not be possible to open as planned,” said CBMR communications manager Julie Block. “We will continue toward that target date, and resort leaders will make a final decision by May 29 as to whether an adjustment will be needed.”
Block shared that CBMR will begin operating its Day Camp program as planned on June 12. Programming adjustments may be required based on conditions.
CBMR also advised to stay tuned to its social channels and website for an update.